ASACP Sees Spike in Child Porn Suspects

LOS ANGELES – Adult Sites Against Child Pornography said Friday that the organization saw a dramatic increase in reported child porn cases to authorities.

ASACP said it received more than 5,000 suspect child pornography reports in March, an increase of nearly 1,000 from previous months.

Of those cases, more than 350 sites were reported to authorities, compared to 100 a month for the last six months, ASACP said.

“This is the largest increase in new suspect child pornography companies and websites with new content that I have seen in over six years,” ASACP site reviewer Tim Henning said. “It is too early to say if this is a trend towards an even larger proliferation of child pornography on the Internet than was previously reported over the past several years or just a statistical blip.”

In addition, the issue with legal adult affiliate programs being unwittingly used for billing of child pornography continues to be a recurring problem and increased in the last month, the organization said.

ASACP says that in this scenario a child porn operator will typically send out a mass email asking surfers to visit a child porn website. When the child porn seeker arrives at the website, usually on a free hosting service, they are prompted to join the child porn site by paying for a membership at an adult website where the child porn operator is an affiliate. The child porn seeker is instructed to send the username and password for the adult website to an email address where the child porn operator can verify that the seeker has joined the adult website. After verification, an email is sent to the seeker containing login information to the actual website.

ASACP Executive Director Joan Irvine said more than 4,700 websites display the organization’s logo and participate in the attempt to curb child pornography.

“We hope that the information that ASACP provides the FBI and NCMEC (National Center for Missing and Exploited Children) will help them apprehend these horrific criminals,” Irvine said.

Copyright © 2025 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

XBIZ Miami's Host Hotel Sold Out, General Registration Now Open

Guest rooms at XBIZ Miami’s exclusive conference venue, Nautilus Sonesta Miami Beach hotel in South Beach, are now completely sold out.

Adult Industry Educational, Networking Platform 'Imperfectly You' Launches

Imperfectly You, an educational and networking platform for adult industry workers, has officially launched.

Segpay to Launch News Network for High-Risk Merchants

Segpay has announced that it will launch the Segpay News Network (SNN) on April 15.

Age Verification Watch: Patching the Holes

This roundup provides an update on the latest news and developments on the age verification front as it impacts the adult industry.

Pineapple Support to Host Autism Spectrum Support Group

Pineapple Support is hosting a free online support group for performers and creators who are, or suspect they may be, on the autism spectrum.

ImLive Launches Revamped Member Loyalty Program

Cam platform ImLive has revamped its member loyalty program.

GoFundMe Set Up for Danny Ferretti's Medical Expenses

A GoFundMe campaign has been set up for Fangear founder Danny Ferretti, who requires extensive lung surgery.

Byborg Acquires Cuties AI

Byborg Enterprises has acquired adult artificial intelligence startup Cuties AI.

Irish Government Releases Report on Sex Work Decriminalization Legislation

The Irish government has released a report reviewing a 2017 law that decriminalized sex work across the country.

Texas Bill Would Require Age Verification for Online Sex Toy Sales

A new bill in the Texas state legislature would require online retailers to implement age verification of purchasers before selling “obscene devices” to anyone in that state.

Show More