Private Media Reports 24 Percent Rise in Net Income

BARCELONA, Spain — Adult entertainment company Private Media Group released its 3rd quarter results today, reporting a 24 percent rise in net income for the same period last year, bringing in $1.4 million for the quarter ending Sept. 30.

Private Media CEO Berth Milton Jr. attributed much of the company’s growth to exploitation of its new media sales and distribution division. The unit, which includes mobile, Internet and broadcasting operations, saw a 126 percent spike in sales.

"We're thrilled with the growth of our new media business, and we are extremely pleased that the strategy which we've embarked upon since I returned as CEO is paying off,” Milton said. “Looking ahead, our aggressive approach to the exploding Internet Protocol TV-driven, video-on-demand market in Europe and Asia looks very promising, and we see the overall new media platforms significantly outperforming traditional linear low-margin broadcasting. Going forward, we expect these high-margin platforms to become dominant contributors to operating profit in our overall business model."

Private Media CFO Johan Gillborg said the quarterly results are part of a growth trend that began earlier in the year, with sales for mobile and Internet climbing a combined 77 percent for all three quarters in 2006.

“We expect aggressive growth in this area going forward, and subsequently it will significantly affect the overall growth and operating profit of the company's business,” he said. “Traffic to our Internet sites has been growing steadily during the last 12 months, and in the third quarter we experienced a new record of 2.8 million unique visits. As of Sept. 30 Private's mobile content was available to over 500 million handsets via 59 operators in 28 countries, of which 33 operators went live since September 2005.”

Copyright © 2025 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Ofcom: Age Assurance Going Live Across 'Thousands' of Porn Sites

U.K. communications regulator Ofcom said in a statement Thursday that providers of online pornography are implementing age assurance across “thousands of sites” accessible in the U.K., in response to Ofcom’s Online Safety Act (OSA) enforcement program.

ASGMax Debuts 'Roleplay' AI Chat Feature

Alpha Studio Group (ASG) has introduced the ASGmax Roleplay AI chat feature.

XBIZ Miami's Host Hotel Sold Out, General Registration Now Open

Guest rooms at XBIZ Miami’s exclusive conference venue, Nautilus Sonesta Miami Beach hotel in South Beach, are now completely sold out.

Adult Industry Educational, Networking Platform 'Imperfectly You' Launches

Imperfectly You, an educational and networking platform for adult industry workers, has officially launched.

Segpay to Launch News Network for High-Risk Merchants

Segpay has announced that it will launch the Segpay News Network (SNN) on April 15.

Age Verification Watch: Patching the Holes

This roundup provides an update on the latest news and developments on the age verification front as it impacts the adult industry.

Pineapple Support to Host Autism Spectrum Support Group

Pineapple Support is hosting a free online support group for performers and creators who are, or suspect they may be, on the autism spectrum.

ImLive Launches Revamped Member Loyalty Program

Cam platform ImLive has revamped its member loyalty program.

GoFundMe Set Up for Danny Ferretti's Medical Expenses

A GoFundMe campaign has been set up for Fangear founder Danny Ferretti, who requires extensive lung surgery.

Byborg Acquires Cuties AI

Byborg Enterprises has acquired adult artificial intelligence startup Cuties AI.

Show More