U.S. Judge: Oron Must Restore, Preserve Evidence

LAS VEGAS — U.S. District Judge Gloria Navarro has added more requirements in her order to freeze Oron's assets.

Last week, Navarro's temporary restraining order against file-locker site Oron.com effectively froze all U.S. assets of the company.

In amended court papers entered today, Oron parent company FF Magnat Ltd., owner Maxim Bochenko (aka Roman Romanov) and 500 John Does are subject to additional restraints.

Defendants have been ordered to restore and preserve evidence that could be "reasonably calculated" in the dispute. The court specifically noted in its order Oron's communications with Network Solutions, Yahoo, Google, CCBill, AlertPay and other accounts.

"Defendants shall restore any business records that they have been deleted since the time that negotiations between plaintiff and defendants commenced on May 30, 2012," the latest order said.

Gay adult studio Corbin Fisher's $34.8 million copyright infringement suit alleges Oron and other defendants had knowledge of and induced the trading of pirated porn on its site.  

Navarro's order last week placed bank accounts held by defendants until a hearing slated for July 3. PayPal, AlertPay and CCBill were ordered to freeze the accounts; VeriSign also had been ordered to freeze the Oron.com domain name from any transfers.

At the same time, Corbin Fisher served Oron in Hong Kong with an injunction prohibiting disposal of assets in Hong Kong. In the Hong Kong order, Oron operators have been enjoined from disposing or diminishing in value of its assets up to $3 million.

In the suit filed at U.S. District Court in Las Vegas, Corbin Fisher seeks impoundment of infringing content and damages, as well as attorneys fees.

UPDATE (MONDAY, 1:25 P.M.):

Bochenko was served with the civil action and TRO on Friday evening at 6:30 p.m. at his Jacksonville, Fla., townhome in the Villages of Summer Lakes community. 

View Oron amended order

Related:  

Copyright © 2025 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Ofcom: Age Assurance Going Live Across 'Thousands' of Porn Sites

U.K. communications regulator Ofcom said in a statement Thursday that providers of online pornography are implementing age assurance across “thousands of sites” accessible in the U.K., in response to Ofcom’s Online Safety Act (OSA) enforcement program.

ASGMax Debuts 'Roleplay' AI Chat Feature

Alpha Studio Group (ASG) has introduced the ASGmax Roleplay AI chat feature.

XBIZ Miami's Host Hotel Sold Out, General Registration Now Open

Guest rooms at XBIZ Miami’s exclusive conference venue, Nautilus Sonesta Miami Beach hotel in South Beach, are now completely sold out.

Adult Industry Educational, Networking Platform 'Imperfectly You' Launches

Imperfectly You, an educational and networking platform for adult industry workers, has officially launched.

Segpay to Launch News Network for High-Risk Merchants

Segpay has announced that it will launch the Segpay News Network (SNN) on April 15.

Age Verification Watch: Patching the Holes

This roundup provides an update on the latest news and developments on the age verification front as it impacts the adult industry.

Pineapple Support to Host Autism Spectrum Support Group

Pineapple Support is hosting a free online support group for performers and creators who are, or suspect they may be, on the autism spectrum.

ImLive Launches Revamped Member Loyalty Program

Cam platform ImLive has revamped its member loyalty program.

GoFundMe Set Up for Danny Ferretti's Medical Expenses

A GoFundMe campaign has been set up for Fangear founder Danny Ferretti, who requires extensive lung surgery.

Byborg Acquires Cuties AI

Byborg Enterprises has acquired adult artificial intelligence startup Cuties AI.

Show More