AbbyWinters CEO Blasts Models Over Content Removal

MELBOURNE — AbbyWinters.com CEO Garion Hall is speaking out against several former models who want their explicit photographs and video images removed from the company’s website.

Hall’s company, G Media, last month pleaded guilty to possessing a commercial quantity of objectionable films it intended on selling and exhibiting.

The company also pleaded guilty to producing sex films that were too graphic to be legally made or sold in Victoria. Hall said the company could have spent thousands of dollars trying to define Australia’s adult laws, but that would have been too disruptive and costly. Therefore, the company pleaded guilty to the charges.

During court proceedings, G Media’s attorney told the judge in the case that the company’s policy is to remove images of models if those models made a request they be removed.

But now, several models are claiming that G Media is refusing to remove these images.

According to Australia’s Herald Sun, former nude model Bella recently asked the company to remove every image of her. She was told in writing that wouldn’t be possible as removing content from the site is not company policy.

Bella said that she has contacted about 30 other models who also plan on asking the company to remove their images. She says several of the models have already been told removing the images wouldn’t be possible.

“We were not made aware what we were doing was illegal,” Bella said.

Hall told XBIZ that the company does have a content removal process and that the company’s attorney did tell the judge if models ask for their content to be removed, it will be removed.

“This was referring to the five-day cooling off period we have where, for five days after a shoot, a model can choose to return her modeling fees, and we'll destroy the shoot, if she changes her mind,” Hall said.

“There is also a process where a model, under duress of some sort, can contact us and have her content removed under some circumstances. Depending on the facts, we may immediately but temporarily remove her content from the site, while her application for permanent removal is run through the regular removal process.”

Hall said that the small group of models have been encouraged by a tabloid journalist and a disgruntled former employee and have chosen to misinterpret this process.

“We take care to ensure all our models are extremely well informed as to the nature of the work, and there are 16 specific, identifiable, documented events in the model recruitment and shooting process for models to opt-out, or change their mind.” Hall said. “Of course, all our models sign a contract that indicates we own the rights to the content we have produced in perpetuity.”

Hall adds the company has a comprehensive inquisitorial process for models who want their content removed, run by a rotating committee of models and staff.

“We are stepping models who have requested her content being removed through this process currently. Some models are choosing to not participate, and instead communicate with the press, others are embracing the process, others appear to have dropped their request,” Hall said.

Meanwhile, the company’s move from Australia to Amsterdam is full steam ahead and Hall said he will make the transition as smooth as possible.

“We run our business to always be at least four months ahead of our actual content requirements, just in case we need to stop production for any reason, so the site itself (and our DVD's) will continue being updated on their usual schedules.”

Hall added that Dutch laws tend to be more favorable than Australian laws when it comes to running an adult business.

Additionally, Hall said the company has launched new branding and updated its content management system, with new advanced searching and filtering features.

The company should be up and running September 1 with contingency plans slated for Nov. 1.

Related:  

Copyright © 2025 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Ofcom: Age Assurance Going Live Across 'Thousands' of Porn Sites

U.K. communications regulator Ofcom said in a statement Thursday that providers of online pornography are implementing age assurance across “thousands of sites” accessible in the U.K., in response to Ofcom’s Online Safety Act (OSA) enforcement program.

ASGMax Debuts 'Roleplay' AI Chat Feature

Alpha Studio Group (ASG) has introduced the ASGmax Roleplay AI chat feature.

XBIZ Miami's Host Hotel Sold Out, General Registration Now Open

Guest rooms at XBIZ Miami’s exclusive conference venue, Nautilus Sonesta Miami Beach hotel in South Beach, are now completely sold out.

Adult Industry Educational, Networking Platform 'Imperfectly You' Launches

Imperfectly You, an educational and networking platform for adult industry workers, has officially launched.

Segpay to Launch News Network for High-Risk Merchants

Segpay has announced that it will launch the Segpay News Network (SNN) on April 15.

Age Verification Watch: Patching the Holes

This roundup provides an update on the latest news and developments on the age verification front as it impacts the adult industry.

Pineapple Support to Host Autism Spectrum Support Group

Pineapple Support is hosting a free online support group for performers and creators who are, or suspect they may be, on the autism spectrum.

ImLive Launches Revamped Member Loyalty Program

Cam platform ImLive has revamped its member loyalty program.

GoFundMe Set Up for Danny Ferretti's Medical Expenses

A GoFundMe campaign has been set up for Fangear founder Danny Ferretti, who requires extensive lung surgery.

Byborg Acquires Cuties AI

Byborg Enterprises has acquired adult artificial intelligence startup Cuties AI.

Show More