Lucas, Bridges Respond to Grabby Awards Rumor

NEW YORK — Lucas Entertainment President Michael Lucas released a statement in response to rumors that his studio was intentionally snubbed by this year's Grabby Awards, having not been nominated for a single award.

Lucas told XBIZ that he already is disliked within the awards community because of an opinionated speech he made onstage at an awards show four years ago in response to the industry's endorsement of gay adult agent David Forest.

"They said I couldn't ever go on stage again," Lucas said.

Lucas said this year, Grabby organizers went full force and decided not to nominate his company at all. He said that he suspects officials at the Gay Chicago Magazine, which organizes the Grabby Awards, wanted to avoid a repeat of the GAYVN Awards, in which Lucas' "Michael Lucas' La Dolce Vita" swept every nomination with 14 wins.

"I feel it's an economic thing for them," Lucas said, adding that no one will travel to the show and buy tables if there's a risk they won't have a chance at winning.

Gay Chicago Magazine Publisher Stacy Bridges, who also coordinates the Grabbys, told XBIZ that there's a simple reason Lucas wasn't nominated this year.

"He didn't send the video on time," Bridges said. "They are due at the end of the year, Dec. 30, and Lucas failed to send it. He claims we are lying."

Bridges also said Lucas has yet to show a UPS tracking number of proof of receipt, and that Lucas' sale director called him in February to ask how "Michael Lucas' La Dolce Vita" should be sent to him.

"Two months late," Bridges said.

Lucas said he followed the same shipping procedure he does for every awards show, and that as soon as him film was released in December, copies were sent to Gay Chicago Magazine.

Bridges said he suspects someone at Lucas Entertainment "dropped the ball" and didn't send it in December, and that Lucas doesn't want to admit the company's mistake.

Copyright © 2025 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Men.com to Drop Latest Interactive Release

Men.com will release its second interactive scene, "The Plumber’s Cumming," starring Joey Mills, Reese Rideout, and Sage Roux.

Carnal Debuts New Title 'The Professor Vol 2'

Carnal Media has released the first installment of its new feature title "The Professor Vol 2," titled "Fresh Start."

PeterFever Releases 'Hunk Harvest at Boyberry'

zBUCKz and PeterFever have released their latest scene, “Hunk Harvest at Boyberry.”

Falcon/NakedSword Re-Signs Sir Peter to Exclusive Contract

Falcon/NakedSword has re-signed Sir Peter, extending his exclusive contract another year.

Falcon/NakedSword Releases 'Exposed' on DVD, Digital Download

Falcon/NakedSword has released its latest title, "Exposed" on digital download and DVD.

Drake Von Stars in Latest From Men.com

Men.com exclusive Drake Von stars with Phoenix Leo in the studio's latest release, titled "Lust Highway."

Eddie Patrick, Greyson Myles Headline NakedSword/SayUncle Collab 'Double Wide'

Eddie Patrick stars with Greyson Myles in the final installment of "Double Wide," NakedSword's collaborative release with SayUncle.

Carnal Media Debuts 'Monster Cock Orgy'

Carnal Media has dropped the latest release from studio brand HungFuckers, titled "Monster Cock Orgy."

Edward James Relaunches Site Through YourPaysitePartner

Producer and director Edward James has relaunched his site through YourPaysitePartner (YPP).

Marc MacNamara on His Rise to Acclaimed Gay Director

At the 2025 XMAs, Marc MacNamara took home the trophy for Director of the Year - Gay Works, but his love affair with film started long before he ever found himself amid the glitz and glamour of awards shows. Even back in middle school, while most teenagers were busy navigating the usual hurdles of adolescence, he had already discovered his passion.

Show More