Private to Shed GameLink Unit as Part of Settlement Deal

BARCELONA — Private Media Group has agreed to give up its GameLink division as part of a settlement deal with former Private CEO Ilan Bunimovitz and a number of investors.

With the settlement announced Wednesday, Private Media Group has transferred all of the outstanding stock in GameLink's operating parent companies ThinkForward Inc. and GreenCine Inc. to Bunimovitz, as well as investing shareholders Andrew Sullivan and Peter Marinac.

Private Media Group also will issue nearly 1.8 million shares of company stock to Bunimovitz, Sullivan and Marinac, who controlled GameLink before it was acquired by Private three years ago.

Concurrently, Bunimovitz has given up his board seat with Private Media Group but will recoup unpaid amounts owed to him under his employment agreement. That amount was not specified.

Bunimovitz was fired in 2010 as CEO of the company by now-ousted CEO Berth Milton.

Private Media Group said that as part of the agreement all intercompany receivables and payables between GameLink and Private were waived and cancelled, and each contract or agreement between Private and GameLink were terminated without compensation with the exception of the GameLink deal to manage PrivateVOD.com.

With today's announcement, Private Media Group also said that it is re-evaluating the company's prior expansion of its operations outside of its historical European sphere of operations and the expansion of its product offerings.

"The company’s board of directors has determined that the disposition of the GameLink group in California is consistent with these goals," the company said.

The deal revealed today culminates several years of wrangling in Nevada courts between Consipio Holding BV investors and Private.

Plaintiff shareholders had claimed the company had been rocked by embezzlement, among other charges, from moves made by Milton and former directors. In the end, the company changed its front office and board of directors.

And just yesterday Private Media Group filed papers asserting the adult entertainment company would reimburse Consipio Holding BV and Tisbury Services Inc. shareholders for their attorneys fees and costs incurred "in an amount to be agreed between the plaintiffs and the company and approved by the company’s board of directors."

Private Media Group CEO Charles Prast told XBIZ Wednesday evening that the 2009 GameLink acquisition was a mistake for the Barcelona-based adult entertainment company.

"As part of strategy to combat declining revenues in its core European business, [Private] embarked on a series of poorly executed and under-funded North American acquisitions in the VOD space," Prast said. "Unfortunately, these businesses, while excellent stand-alone companies, were incompatible with Private’s core assets, competencies and geographical focus. In addition, the expectations of the sellers of these companies, including binding legal engagements by Private’s former board and management, were not met.

"The result was an almost lethal combination of misrepresentation, mismanagement, lack of promised operating capital and negative synergies for Private," he said.

Prast noted Private's divestiture of GameLink is the first step in returning focus to its core assets.

"All things considered, we consider ourselves fortunate to be able to divest this business, which suffered under Private’s stewardship without having to pay more significant damages.

"We are very pleased with the core team at Private and look forward to a renewed focus on our European business, which is performing beyond our initial expectations.”

Bunimovitz did not immediately respond to XBIZ for comment on today's announcement.

Copyright © 2025 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Ryan Keely, Nicole Doshi Topline Latest From Sweetheart Video

Ryan Keely and Nicole Doshi headline the 19th volume of "Lesbian Adventures: Strap On Specialists" from Mile High Media's studio imprint Sweetheart Video.

Wendy Raine Fronts 'Mamma Mia' Parody From MYLF

Wendy Raine stars with Eva Nyx and Quinton James in a “Mamma Mia” parody from MYLF, titled “Memories Cumming to My Mind.”

Briella Coley Makes Her Evil Angel Debut

Briella Coley has made her debut for Evil Angel alongside director/performer Richard Mann.

Jasmine Sherni Takes the Spotlight in 2-Part Brazzers Release

Jasmine Sherni stars in the two-part Brazzers scene titled “TroubleMakerzz.”

Ofcom: Age Assurance Going Live Across 'Thousands' of Porn Sites

U.K. communications regulator Ofcom said in a statement Thursday that providers of online pornography are implementing age assurance across “thousands of sites” accessible in the U.K., in response to Ofcom’s Online Safety Act (OSA) enforcement program.

ASGMax Debuts 'Roleplay' AI Chat Feature

Alpha Studio Group (ASG) has introduced the ASGmax Roleplay AI chat feature.

Linda Lan Performs 1st Anal, Headlines Jonni Darkko's 2nd 'POV Anal Sluts'

Linda Lan performs her first anal scene and toplines director Jonni Darkko’s sequel to “POV Anal Sluts,” from Evil Angel.

XBIZ Miami's Host Hotel Sold Out, General Registration Now Open

Guest rooms at XBIZ Miami’s exclusive conference venue, Nautilus Sonesta Miami Beach hotel in South Beach, are now completely sold out.

Leana Lovings, Aria Banks Front Latest From Reality Kings

Leana Lovings and Aria Banks star in the latest release from Reality Kings, titled "Synchronized Scissoring."

Penthouse Names Lennon Elizabeth April's 'Pet of the Month'

Penthouse Magazine has named model Lennon Elizabeth as Pet of the Month for April.

Show More