CES to Move Away From AEE in 2010

LAS VEGAS — Organizers of the upcoming 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) have decided to exit the Sands Expo and Convention Center, leaving behind the annual Adult Entertainment Expo (AEE) that has shared the same venue for many years.

The Consumer Electronics Association, which organizes CES, confirmed late last month that it would abandon the Sands’ exhibit floor and consolidate at the Las Vegas Convention Center and Las Vegas Hilton, along with a limited number of suites for exhibitors and press events at The Venetian.

Both shows, as in the past, coincide on the same days. In 2010, the dates are slated for Jan. 7-10.

The decision to pull out of the Sands could impact attendance to AEE, which has been connected at the hip with CES as far back as in the early 1990s when there was only a rope separating the two shows. In fact, AEE originally was a component of the CES show.

The possibility of the disappearance of CES attendees who historically have ventured over to AEE has definitely hit the radar of AVN, the Sands and Home Entertainment Events (HEE), which puts on the event.

So far, the show’s promoters and the Sands haven’t figured if CES’ announcement means a meaningful drop in fan attendance.

“Truth be told, I don’t know the answer to that,” Las Vegas Sands Corp. spokesman Ron Reese told XBIZ. “Our salespeople have had dialogue over the issue, but nothing has been made out of it.”

According to Sean Devlin, a spokesman for HEE, less than one-half of the AEE’s consumer attendance segment also attends CES.

“Historically, CES has never been our core customer,” Devlin told XBIZ. “There’s this perception out there that most of the fans that come out to the show are trick-or-treaters from CES.”

Sarah Szabo, a spokeswoman for CES, told XBIZ that the decision to move out of the Sands was made because of an opportunity that presented them to consolidate much of the facilities into one.

“CES is moving the show because construction that was to take place at the convention center was canceled, and this way we could keep the registration and show floors in one central area,” she said. “And, in the past, the show’s venues were too spread out.”

Copyright © 2025 Adnet Media. All Rights Reserved. XBIZ is a trademark of Adnet Media.
Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission is prohibited.

More News

Honey Play Box Debuts 'Tressa' Vibrator

Honey Play Box introduced its new Tressa multi-stimulation, app-enabled vibrator.

XBIZ Miami's Host Hotel Sold Out, General Registration Now Open

Guest rooms at XBIZ Miami’s exclusive conference venue, Nautilus Sonesta Miami Beach hotel in South Beach, are now completely sold out.

Blush Debuts 2 New Glass Plugs From 'Oh My Gem' Collection

Blush has introduced two new glass plugs, Lustre and Prestige, from its Oh My Gem collection.

EP Products Founder Don Wilson Passes Away

Don Wilson, the founder of EP Products and a notable figure in Canada's adult retail community, has passed away.

Orion Debuts 'Your Strap-On' Collection From 'You2Toys' Line

Orion Wholesale has introduced the Your Strap-On collection from its You2Toys line.

Leana Lovings, Aria Banks Front Latest From Reality Kings

Leana Lovings and Aria Banks star in the latest release from Reality Kings, titled "Synchronized Scissoring."

Penthouse Names Lennon Elizabeth April's 'Pet of the Month'

Penthouse Magazine has named model Lennon Elizabeth as Pet of the Month for April.

Bella Spark, Kelly Collins Star in Finale of VMG Cross-Site Feature 'Bang and Burn'

Bella Spark and Kelly Collins star with Vixen Media Group exclusive Jason Luv in the final installment of the cross-site spy feature "Bang and Burn."

Stephen Colbert Takes Aim at Texas' Crackdown on Sex Toys

Stephen Colbert is cracking up over Texas lawmakers’ crackdown on sex toys in the state.

Jade Kimiko, Cecelia Taylor Headline 'Women Seeking Women 199'

Jade Kimiko and Cecelia Taylor topline “Women Seeking Women 199” from Girlfriends Films.

Show More